Best Beauty Buys From 2018
January 5, 2019
The beauty industry is booming more than ever and 2018 didn’t disappoint! Here are some things I have purchased and loved in 2018! Hair, skin, makeup and even some books I’ve read and loved. Most of these products can be found and purchased from Amazon!! Some products didn’t necessarily release this year but rather these are things that I have personally been enjoying all year long. Can’t wait to see what awesome greatness 2019 will bring!
*This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Which means if you purchase items from these links I will receive a small commission at NO ADDITIONAL COST to you. However, this does not impact my thoughts or reviews of products. Know that, as an Independent Blogger, your support and the compensation from these retailers help me to be a stay at home Mommy to my two small children. Thank you*
1. Redkin Frizz Dismiss Shampoo and Conditioner : This is a great shampoo and conditioner if you have medium to course hair, it may be a little heavy for fine hair. Works great during the summer humidity.
2. Fanola NO YELLOW Shampoo : If you are blonde, this is a must have!!! Every blonde needs an anti yellow shampoo that helps counteract brassiness brought on by products, heat styling or well water. This is a good one!
3. CHI Silk Infusion : First of all, this product has a really strong cologne smell which I can’t say that I love. However, this product leaves my hair so soft and silky that I just can’t stop using it.
4. BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Dryer : Have literally bought this blow dryer 3 times!!! This last time that my blow dryer died I tried another brand and ended up returning it to purchase my tried and true.
5. Nurse Jamie Uplift Massaging Beauty Roller : I will admit, using this product did make me feel a little silly at first. It’s not fancy, it almost seems a little too simple. But the results are awesome! I use this mainly in the morning to decrease puffiness and increase blood circulation in my face and neck. I even took this to the hospital with me after having my second child and it helped make me look a little less dead.
6. Mario Badescu Facial Spray : I like to keep this facial spray in the refrigerator and lightly mist my face in the morning or throughout the day for a pick me up. Another product that I enjoyed in the summer time.
7. BEAUTY BLENDER!!! : Yes, you can get similar beauty sponges for less money. (My favorite cheaper alternative is the Real Techniques Sponge) However, nothing feels quite as good bouncing all over my face nor blends my makeup as good as a Beauty Blender.
8. L’Oreal Lash Paradise Mascara : I have purchased this mascara multiple times this year. I feel like you have to replace this mascara every month to month and half but that’s probably not a bad thing anyway because of bacteria and such and it also seems to get really thick and clumpy over time. BUT it stays on my lashes and doesn’t smear to my under eye. That being said, it can be a little challenging to take off which leads me to number 9…. Makeup Remover!
9. Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm : This stuff melts on the face and makes it super easy to remove makeup without rubbing and scrubbing.
10. Maybelline Brow Precise Micro Brow Pencil : Why do I like this $6 brow pencil better than some $28 brow pencils I’ve tried?? I don’t know, but as I’m on my 5th one for 2018 it definitely had to make the list!
11. Wet Brush : This is a must have if you have a little girl at home that fight cries and kicks every time you have to comb her hair. Or…. if you are in your mid 30’s with a sensitive scalp, ME! This brush makes brushing through wet tangles sooooooo much easier and more enjoyable for everyone involved.
12. Daily Concepts Body Scrubber : I love this scrubber because I can exfoliate without dealing with a granulated soap and the exfoliation is much better. I can use any kind of soap and the writing on the tag fades away when it’s time to switch it out for a new one.
13. Bio Oil : I spend 2018 slathering this oil on my growing belly and, to be honest, my hips and butt also. This oil helps to improve the appearance of stretch marks and it also hydrates the skin to prevent aging skin.
14. Elf Power Glow Liquid Highlighter : This product surprised the heck out of me. First of all, the convenient pump packaging is nice when working with any kind of liquid. OR product in general, BRING ON THE PUMPS! Furthermore, this product is another $6 win! It applies nicely, it’s not sticky and it just overall gave me that rose gold glow that was so popular in 2018.
15. Love Beauty and Planet Radical Refresher Body Wash and Cleansing Mist : I love the scent of this body wash and the showerless cleansing mist goes in my gym bag so I don’t feel quite so self-conscious going on a post-gym errand.
16. Girl Wash Your Face : A LOT of people read this book in 2018 and I was one of them. It was refreshing and motivating with a lovable honesty. If you haven’t already read this one make room for it on your 2019 reading list!
Thanks for reading! Cheers to 2019!